|Occupation||Host of Heaven|
|Family|| God (creator/father) |
Lucifer (younger brother)
Raphael (younger brother)
Gabriel (younger brother)
Angels (younger siblings)
John Winn (vessel)
Michael is the oldest of the four Archangels created by God, making him the very first angel ever created, as well as one of the oldest and most powerful beings in creation in the universe. He's the Viceroy of Heaven, and commands the Host of Heaven. As the highest-ranking Archangel, he issued the commands, which went to the higher-ranking angels to disperse the orders down across the angelic chain.
Michael is a rather complicated being, having many sides of his personality. He is a strong but strict leader, having set up a rigid and sturdy hierarchy in Heaven, along with strict rules and harsh punishments; likewise, his rule was described as "corrupt," although it wasn't exactly oppressive. Despite this, he kept his brethren in the dark on many important matters, including God's leaving, and punished any who displayed disobedience with death.
To his father God, however, Michael is fanatically loyal and blindly follows God's orders without question, as sees himself as a "good son", and that is what matters most to him. He loves his father dearly and, despite having not seen him in thousands of years, never lost his faith or his love for him (one of the many qualities that Michael and his one true vessel Dean Winchester both share). Due to his zealous trust in his father's commands, Michael doesn't believe in free will, not even for himself, believing everything that occurs is how his father planned it.
He also professes his love for Lucifer, his younger brother, but accepts he must do it due to his father's orders and the actions of his younger brother.His love for Lucifer is proven true, as seen before the fight where he acts in a polite and genuinely saddened manner, and when Lucifer proposes they "walk off the chessboard," Michael seriously considers it for a moment before ultimately refusing. Despite loving his younger brother, Michael holds great anger for Lucifer, calling him a "monster" and blaming him for all their problems, pointing out they were once "happy together" but Lucifer ruined everything by "betraying them, betraying all of us" and "making [their] father leave."
Michael also seems to think of himself as magnanimous. He was also shown to be a relatively forgiving person.However, Michael could be wrathful, particularly with anyone who interferes with his destiny.
Powers and Abilities
As the very first angel ever created, Michael is the oldest, strongest, and most powerful angel under God's command, making Michael among the oldest and most powerful supernatural beings to exist in the Supernatural universe. Being the highest in Heaven's hierarchy, Michael has immense powers. He is described as one of the few beings that are stronger than Lucifer, even mentioned that in comparison to Raphael, Michael is much more powerful. As an archangel, Michael has many powers. Below are listed all of the powers that Michael has displayed.
- Lower Tier Nigh-Omnipotence - As the oldest archangel and the first angel in general that God ever created, Michael has a tremendously vast supply of supernatural power that is almost unlimited, making him the most powerful celestial being that God created. The only ones more powerful than Michael are God, Zeus, and Ra.
- White Light - Michael can generate an overwhelming white light that is capable of obliterating anything from other living things to entire cities and buildings. With this power, he can destroy a large part of the Earth.
- Angelic Possession - Michael requires a vessel to act on Earth, and he must have the vessel's permission. His power can only be contained by someone descended from Cain and Abel. John Winn is his vessel.
- Telepathy - Michael is able to read the thoughts of humans.
- Empathy - Michael is able to read the emotions of humans.
- Regeneration - If his vessel becomes damaged in any way, he is able to heal it instantly and completely. For instance, his vessel Adam was set ablaze by Holy Fire, but upon his return minutes later, he didn't have a scratch either on his skin or even his clothing.
- Apporting - Michael could send angels back to Heaven with a simple snap of his fingers.
- Supernatural Strength - Being the oldest, strongest, and most powerful Archangel, the physical strength that Michael endows his vessel with is immense. He can easily overpower demons, lower angels and humans. His immense strength and powers are only somewhat rivaled by Lucifer's own, John Constatine at the time called Michael the "toughest son of a bitch Heaven got."
- Superhuman Stamina - As an Archangel, Michael's stamina is incalculable and, even when in a vessel, needs nothing to maintain strength, to strive or operate, as he is self-sufficient.
- Weather Manipulation] - Michael's control over the weather exceeds even his own brothers. Upon arriving on Earth, he caused sudden severe winds.
- Chronokinesis - Michael has complete control over time. He sends Sam and Dean from the past to the present with ease.
- Telekinesis - Michael is a powerful telekinetic, able to move and control objects with his mind effortlessly; he was even able to move objects in areas where he hadn't fully arrived in. He demonstrated this when he closed and locked the door to the beautiful room when Adam tried to escape it.
- Healing - Michael can easily heal others of any injury, wound and disease.
- Resurrection - Michael can resurrect humans with ease.
- Mental Manipulation - Michael can erase, restore, alter and fabricate the memories and perception of a human.
- Sedation - Just like an average angel, Michael can sedate humans by touching their forehead.
- Teleportation - Michael can travel from one place to another instantly, without occupying the space in between. He can also take people with him, in the blink of an eye. Although he can travel virtually anywhere in existence, he is unable to leave Lucifer's Cage once the door is closed, as it was designed to hold an Archangel.
- Pyrokinesis - Michael can generate and manipulate fire. When he used this ability to kill Anna, it destroyed the angel and the vessel, turning the latter into nothing but ash.
- Thermokinesis - He made the door knob to the beautiful room extremely hot to prevent Dean from being able to open it and save Adam.
- Precognition - Michael can see into the future, but not the full picture.
- Supernatural Perception - Michael can sense and see things even if they're naturally invisible.
- Terrakinesis - Michael is able to cause powerful earthquakes by thought or presence alone.
- Nigh-Omniscience - Like his brothers, Michael has a deep understanding of many things, due to him being older than the universe itself.
- Immortality - As the eldest archangel, Michael has an infinitely long lifespan. He is the first angel and has existed before the universe itself, making him well over 13.8 billion years old. The excessive passing of time does not degrade his vessel, like with all celestial beings. His vessel is unaffected by diseases and toxins. He does not tire, and does not require food, water, oxygen, or sleep to sustain his vessel.
- Invulnerability - Michael cannot be killed by any conventional weapon. Even Holy Fire was only able to banish him for a short time.
- Immunity - Michael was resilient to Holy Fire, although he still found it agonizing, damaging and being able to banish him; unlike other angels, it couldn't kill him.
Although Michael is God's oldest and most powerful angel, who served as the commander of the Host of Heaven, and is the oldest, strongest, and most powerful archangel in all of creation, making him vastly way more powerful than all angels, even he has weaknesses inherited in all archangels. Additionally, Lucifer potentially rivals his powers.