|Full Name||Cassandra "Cassie" Elizabeth Sandsmark|
|Occupation|| Manager of the Verdant|
Vigilante (in secret)
Member of Team Hurricane (in secret)
|Family|| Zeus (father) |
Dr. Helena Sandsmark (mother)
Cassandra "Cassie" Sandsmark is the vigilante called Astarte. Cassie is the daughter of Dr. Helena Sandsmark and the Greek god Zeus.
Cassie spent most of her time at her mother's work at the Star City Museum of Antiquities, where she had a penchant for getting into trouble. She quickly befriended her mother's new employee, Wonder Woman, and was eager to help her. During a fight with a Ares, she created a costume and used magical acquirements (the Sandals of Hermes and the Gauntlet of Atlas) to help Wonder Woman, much to her mother's horror. Cassie later had the opportunity to ask Zeus for a boon, and requested real superpowers. Zeus granted her request, but gave Dr. Sandsmark the ability to deactivate them. Dr. Sandsmark, however, reluctantly accepted her daughter's wish to be a superheroine and rarely if ever uses this ability. Diana of Themyscira was assigned as her teacher.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Divine Empowerment/Demi-Goddess Empowerment: She was eventually granted abilities by Zeus, who granted "her fondest wish." This gift's import proves to be rather vague, and Cassie could arguably have access to more powers than she has previously been aware of.
- Superhuman Strength: Her Olympian flesh and bone is about one and a half times as dense as similar human tissue, contributing to the Olympians' superhuman strength and weight.
- Superhuman Speed: Like Wonder Woman, Cassie can move at supersonic speeds.
- Superhuman Durability: Cassie's been pushed through buildings, knocked into cars and tackled by superhumans. Her godly flesh can withstand powerful impacts and blunt force trauma.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Cassie is able to react to and deflect bullets with great comfort.
- Flight: Like Wonder Woman, Cassie can also mystically fly through the atmosphere through sure act of will, enabling her to soar through the atmosphere at sub-orbital levels and travel across the planet at supersonic speeds.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Power Loss/Maternal Depowerment: Discouraged by previously shown arrogance in his children (Ares and Heracles), Zeus also blessed Cassie's mother with the ability to take away her powers for a short time via a simple touch. However, this may not be true now that she is no longer drawing her strength from Zeus.
- Gauntlet of Atlas: The Gauntlet of Atlas magnifies its wearer's strength by a factor of ten. However, the wearer must be careful or find themselves in a frenzied state.
| Transportation =
- Sandals of Hermes: The Sandals of the God Hermes, this enchanted winged footwear gives its wearer flight and enhanced speed.
| Weapons =
- Lasso of Lightning: Created by Ares, God of War, the golden lasso of lightning is similarly indestructible, but possesses different properties from that of Diana's lasso. Upon the command of its wielder, Cassandra Sandsmark, the lasso can generate an electrical field of energy stemming directly from the lighting of Zeus, which can be used to injure opponents. This lasso however, cannot force its targets to tell the truth, but it can force its targets to experience intense rage. The force of power is based directly on Cassandra's level of rage.